Sikome Aquatic Facility
- June 14 - September 1, 2014
- 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. daily
Road Access & Parking
- Map of Sikome Aquatic Facility
- The Sikome Aquatic Facility can be accessed by Bow Bottom Trail S.E. or Sun Valley Boulevard S.E. off Highway 22x.
- There are two parking lots (shown on the map).
- Access to parking lots is controlled by signs to lessen congestion. Please follow directions on signs or from staff on site.
Concession & Services
- Concession open daily during operating season
- Hours posted - dependent on weather and levels of use
- Change rooms and showers available at facility
- Playgrounds closeby
Aquatic Safety Staff
- Aquatic safety staff are on duty during the hours of operation.
- Aquatic safety staff provide public education and patrol the beach. They also search for missing persons, provide first aid and water rescues.
- Aquatic safety staff are NOT traditional swimming pool lifeguards. Use the Sikome Aquatic Facility at your own risk.
- Parents/guardians must be in arms reach of children under 12.
Conservation Officers are are present on-site during facility operating hours. They are empowered to enforce the Provincial Parks Act and other provincial statutes.
First Aid & Emergencies
- First aid services are available from staff on-site.
- If there is an emergency, please stay clear of the accident area.
- Sikome Aquatic Facility may have emergency closures for safety reasons such as overcrowding or weather hazards. Please cooperate and follow staff instructions at these times.
- Sikome Aquatic Facility is classified as a man-made beach. Water quality criteria for man-made beaches is different than for public swimming pools.
- Three fresh water wells supply the water for Sikome. No water is taken from the Bow River.
- An on-location water treatment plant ensures good water quality.
- Every Tuesday, staff take six water samples from different areas in the lake. The samples are analyzed at the Foothills Hospital. Results are forwarded to the Calgary Health Region and the park.
Sikome Aquatic Facility - Park Notes
- Children under 12 who are not accompanied by an adult or guardian are not allowed to use the facility. The adult or guardian must be within arm's reach of their children in the water.
- ALL children under 7 years of age MUST utilize an approved FDA personal flotation device.
- NOT ALLOWED
- No water masks and snorkels in Sikome Lake.
- No alcohol in the park.
- No smoking outside of dedicated smoking area.
- No glass containers within the fenced area.
- No pets.
- Guide and Assisted Living Dogs are allowed at the facility.
- Pets are permitted in other areas of the Fish Creek Provincial Park if on a leash.
- No bike riding, rollerblading, skateboarding or scooters in the lake area and associated pathways. Bikes can be parked on racks at the north end of the site.
- Propane gas barbeques are allowed on the grassed areas within the facility.
- Briquette barbeques are restricted to sites such as picnic areas with fire rings for hot coal disposal.
Any maps and map views are for general information only and any boundaries and
features superimposed on the maps and map views may not accurately represent
legal boundaries. Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.