Alberta Parks

Special Event Permit Application Form

All special events will need to comply with the current Chief Medical Officer of Health requirements. All special event applications will be vetted against the latest requirements.

  • High risk activities include singing, cheering, hand shaking, preparing food, sharing food or beverages, and buffet-style meals.

Alberta Parks continues to monitor the advice and requirements of the Chief Medical Officer of Health and our actions closely to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and will adjust as needed. Alberta Parks reserves the right to cancel special events at any time as required. Applications continue to be screened through the Alberta Parks permitting process and also have considerations that are not COVID-19 related.

Contact Information
Alternate Contact Information
Event Details
Comfort camping is closed and not available as venues at this time.


Note that proof of insurance must be provided at least 10 days prior to the start of the event.

Note that Remotely Piloted Aircraft or Drones are not permitted in Alberta Parks

COVID-19 Guidelines

Your contact and other information is collected under the authority of section 33 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act and is managed in accordance with Part 2 of the FOIP Act. The information is being collected for the purposes of enabling AEP to administer and manage provincial parks and other protected areas, pursuant to the Provincial Parks Act and related regulations. AEP may use this personal information to contact permit-holders in order to conduct management and research surveys related to special events and/or park management. AEP will not use or disclose your information for any other purpose without your written consent or unless required to do so by law. If you have any questions regarding the collection of this information, please contact Reserve Alberta Parks by telephone at 1-877-537-2757 or our general contact email at and ask for the permit officer or operations planner for your regional Alberta Parks office.