Under the direction of the Regional Controller, the Seasonal Administrative Support is responsible for the delivery of a number of administrative services in the Grande Prairie District. This position provide exceptional front-line government contact with campground registrations and information about travel and recreation in our Parks and surrounding areas.
This position provides administrative support to the salary and wage staff for the Grande Prairie District team. The main responsibilities include public relations, financial administration, human resources support, records management and various other administrative duties required by the District or as requested by the Regional Controller.
||Seasonal Administrative Support
Administrative Support 3
|Rate of Pay:
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||March 23, 2020
Customer Service & Administrative Duties
- Provides consistent professional front-line information services to the general public via telephone, email and front counter as it relates to business of our parks and surrounding areas.
- Handles daily courier, mail, photocopying, faxing and email requests
- Receives and directs complaints and inquiries of a confidential nature, answers a variety of questions and requests regarding Parks legislation, policy and procedures to District staff
- Offers knowledge about the Reserve Alberta Parks registrations/reservation system
- Knowledgeable in finance, revenue, human resources and other park policies. Provides information and interpretation of these policies to District staff.
- Attends Regional training orientation where required
Financial Administrative Duties
- Assists with procuring goods and services and helps district staff with purchase orders, MasterCard, vehicle cards, standing offer agreements, service contracts and petty cash
- Processes invoices, tracks contract expenditures and files contract documents
- Verifies monthly MasterCard receipts for district staff, runs monthly vehicle card reports by matching receipts, coding and submitting invoices for payment
- Assures all purchase documents have been signed off by appropriate purchasers and Expenditure officers
- Responsible for month budget tracking for district park operations and district enforcement officers including reconciliation of expenditures
Revenue Administration Duties
- Assists with reconciliation of Grande Prairie District camping fees and various permit fee revenues
- Enters and balances camping revenue into the IMAGIS monthly revenue report and RAP system for divisional statistics collection
- District contact to the Service Alberta Revenue team to resolve issues, clarify reconciliations and to provide back-up documentation when requested
- Track and submit revenue totals to Regional Controller at end of peak camping season
Human Resources Administrative Duties
- Provides support with human resource and pay & benefit policies, collective agreements commencement and termination forms for all District staff
- Assists staff with My Agent, Ex-Claim and on-line time entry, entering time for staff without computer access
- Assists Lead Information Officers with RAP training, revenue collection processes and general administration duties
Records Management Duties
- Understands approved filing standards, processes updates/changes and maintains district filing systems
- Provides district staff with information regarding records management systems
- Utilizes electronic IRIS records disposition system to dispose of records
- High school diploma plus two years related experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Basic accounting skills, experience with retail and/or cash-handling and familiarity with till and debit/credit machine processes
- Good working knowledge of Provincial park systems, policies, procedures as they relate to finance, human resources and records management
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Available to attend the mandatory training program
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Publisher) and the ability to learn GOA internet programs
- Independent problem solving and adaptability
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective time management and the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- A passion for engaging customers and providing professional, informative, and diplomatic service to a variety of people
- Positive and inclusive attitude
- English language proficiency
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in customer service and/or administrative environments. Related post-secondary education are considered assets.
Terms of Employment
- Fulfill seasonal contract (anticipated late April – September)
- Monday to Friday (36.25 hours / work week)
- Reliable transportation to and from place of work
- Final candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and a driver’s abstract.
How to Apply
- Please email your application (resume, cover letter and any other documents
in one MS Word file or PDF) to
with the subject line "Seasonal Administrative Support". Please ensure that
this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name
(Smith,Joe_Resume). Email applications are preferred.
- Online applications are preferred through https://jobs.alberta.ca/.
As only one file can be uploaded, make sure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are
submitted in one file. Please ensure that this document is saved using the naming convention of your
last then first name (Smith,Joe_Resume). Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of
Grande Prairie, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.