Cannabis Use in Alberta Parks
- Cannabis use at Alberta Parks sites aligns with the Alberta Cannabis Framework.
- All applicable federal and provincial cannabis legislation within Alberta’s provincial parks will be enforced.
- Alberta Parks’ adult visitors may consume cannabis in their registered campsites (including in RVs being used as a temporary residence in a registered campsite) and in public areas where tobacco is permitted.
- Cannabis use is not allowed in motorized vehicles (i.e. cars, trucks, SUVs and vans).
- Smoking and vaping cannabis is also prohibited in any area where smoking tobacco is prohibited (such as within 5 meters of washrooms).
- Cannabis smoking and vaping is prohibited within 5 meters of playgrounds, sports or playing fields (e.g. bike skills park), outdoor theaters (e.g. outdoor public education amphitheaters) and outdoor pools or splash pads (e.g. Sikome Aquatic Facility).
- As a reminder, all other park regulations apply, including quiet hours.
- Alberta Parks will monitor impacts that legal cannabis use has within our parks system, including impacts to our visitors.
- Conservation officers are the primary enforcement authority within provincial parks and they will address inappropriate/unsafe behavior stemming from cannabis use.
- Alberta Parks’ primary concerns are the safety and enjoyment of visitors, and compliance with provincial parks rules and regulations.
- Alberta Parks will continue to encourage visitors to be respectful of others in the parks so that their behavior and choices have a minimal impact on others.
More info: www.alberta.ca/cannabis-legalization/
Tours & Seasonal Programs