There is no guarantee that your desired reservation dates will be available once the booking window opens due to a few possible reasons:
- The booking window only applies to the day of arrival. The reservation’s arrival date must be within the designated booking window before a reservation can be made. Once you can select your arrival date, you can book up to the next 10 days
- The campground is not yet open for reservations. The campground may not be open for your specified dates. Opening dates are listed here.
- The campground or specific campsites are closed for set time periods. Closures may be in place for a variety of reasons including but not limited to: Infrastructure upgrades (I.E. installation of power), campsite issues (I.E. flooding, tree down), park events, environmental education.
If you are having difficulties, consider:
- You must Sign In or Sign Up for an account before reserving a campsite.
- Give the system time to process your payment. If you click “reserve” or “pay” multiple times, you may freeze the page or cause multiple charges.
- The website works best with high speed internet.
The recommended browsers are:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Latest version of Firefox
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Latest version of Safari
- Latest version of iOS with latest version of Safari browser
- Latest version of Android OS with latest version of Google Chrome browser
If you are having technical difficulties, consider that:
- To make an online reservation, you must have pop-up blockers turned off.
- The campground you want may not be open for your desired dates rather than already reserved. Opening dates are listed here.
- Individual campsite reservations can only be made up to 90 days in advance of your arrival date.
- Group camping area and comfort camping reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance of your arrival date.
- The maximum reservation is 10 consecutive nights for individual campsites and comfort camping units. To book the maximum stay of 16 nights, you will need to make two reservations
- For group camping areas, the maximum stay is 5 consecutive nights.
- A maximum of 4 individual campsites or one group camping area can be reserved in one transaction (made on one user account and paid with a single credit or debit card).
- Once you are logged into your account, campsites placed in your shopping cart are held for 20 minutes. During this time no one else can book that campsite. You will receive a warning just before your time expires.
- If you still have difficulty with Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca, call the Contact Centre at 1-877-537-2757 for assistance.
Can I reserve a campsite on behalf of friends or family?
- Yes; however, bookings for others must be within the limit of 4 reservations per transaction.
- All reservations made during one session are considered one financial transaction. For that reason, only one credit card is accepted.
- Groups requiring more than 4 campsites should consider booking a group camping area.
How do I reset my account password?
- Click "Sign In" on the top right hand of the Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca.
- Go to the "Forgot your password?" link. Enter your email address into the box and click "Send".
- Within 3-5 minutes, you'll receive an email containing your new password.
- If you prefer, phone the Contact Centre at 1-877-537-2757 for password reset assistance.
When I logged into my account, there was a prompt indicating that the site is not secure. Is it safe for me to make a credit card payment online?
- Yes - credit and debit card payments are made through a secure processing service.
- When you click the payment button, you are redirected to a secure website where you can safely enter your credit or debit card details.
I received an error message while trying to make a payment for my reservation. What should I do?
- Although it is rare, problems can occur during a transaction.
- If you receive an error message or are unsure whether your transaction was processed, phone the Contact Centre at 1-877-537-2757.
- Note: While these suggestions can’t guarantee a reservation, they do streamline the process to increase your chances of getting your desired reservation.