Construction Closure -
Aspen Beach Provincial Park Modernization
September 9, 2021
- Effective Date: September 9, 2021
- Where: Aspen Beach Provincial Park
- Why: Aspen Beach Provincial Park is currently undergoing Park Modernization. This is a multi-year project to repair and upgrade day use and campground facilities and infrastructure. Work to be completed during this closure includes:
- Refurbishment of all Brewers campground loops (The exact nature of the work will vary from site to site, but the full scope of the work may include tree removal, enlarging campsite footprint, leveling existing sites, adding 30amp power and adding gravel to all sites, roads and trails.)
- Dredging and placement of new boat launch pads at Brewer’s and Lakeview campground
- Construction of new dump station at Brewer’s campground
- Refurbishment of boardwalk between Lakeview and Brewers campground
- Re-roofing of washroom building at Ebeling Day Use area
Construction is slated to begin in September 2021 after the seasonal closure of the campground. Visitors are asked to stay out of closed areas for their own safety. Visitors should expect the presence of heavy equipment, construction vehicles, and increased noise levels during the construction period. Pending any construction delays, Brewers Campground and Ebeling day use area are anticipated to be fully open for the start of the 2022 season.
For options after the September long weekend, visitors can find similar amenities and recreational experiences at Lakeview Campground, Pigeon Lake Provincial Park or Crimson Lake Provincial Park.