Water Advisory -
Fecal Coliforms in Aspen Beach
July 31, 2020
Please be advised that a Microbiological (Fecal) Water Quality Advisory has been issued for Aspen Beach at Gull Lake, located in Lacombe County (Alberta Health Services Central Zone). Visitors who choose to swim or recreate in the lake should note the following:
- The public beach at Aspen Beach Provincial Park remains open, but physical distancing and other COVID-19 health requirements must be adhered to.
- If you have open sores or sensitive skin we suggest not to swim in the lake at this time.
- If you are travelling with small children who may be inclined to swallow the lake water or put their heads under, keep them away from the water and watch them closely. Potential side effects could include:
- Skin, eye and ear infections if you come in contact with the water
- Vomiting and diarrhea if the water is consumed