We are monitoring our operations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and will adjust as needed. For more details on our response to COVID-19 please click this banner.
Trails (Biking, Hiking, Trail Running)
- The Pembina Riverside Trails system is located near Eagle Point-Blue Rapids. The Drayton Valley Horse Club maintains approximately 80 km of trail along the Pembina River, west of Drayton Valley.
- Eagle Point-Blue Rapids is working towards developing equestrian trails within the park. Check Eagle Point-Blue Rapids Parks Council horseback riding for equestrian info and plans.
- The Brazeau ATV Club maintains 75 kms of trails along the North Saskatchewan River Valley, some of which are located within Blue Rapids Provincial Recreation Area. Check Eagle Point-Blue Rapids Parks Council Off Highway Vehicles info.
- Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) riding is permitted on these designated trails ONLY in Blue Rapids Provincial Recreation Area. Off-trail use is prohibited. On highway vehicles (like Jeeps and 4x4’s) are NOT permitted on the designated OHV trails.
- OHVs are NOT permitted in Eagle Point Provincial Park.
- Choose one of several drop off and pick-up points along the Saskatchewan River Valley within Eagle Point-Blue Rapids.
- Check Eagle Point-Blue Rapids Parks Council paddling info for a map with suggested trips.
- You can explore unmarked trails in this park on your snowshoes. Or you can use three trail systems in the adjacent Eagle Point Provincial Park.
- Check Eagle Point-Blue Rapids Parks Council for snowshoeing info.
- Check Eagle Point-Blue Rapids Parks Council for winter hiking info in the adjacent Eagle Point Provincial Park.
Bird Watching & Wildlife Viewing
- More than 145 bird species have been spotted in Eagle Point-Blue Rapids, including at least 13 raptor species. These include nesting bald eagles, osprey, barred owls and great grey owls. Canoeing and paddling through the parks provides access to water birds. The ponds and streams attract osprey, eagles and kingfishers.
- At least 30 mammals frequent Eagle Point-Blue Rapids including wolves, coyotes, bears, beavers, pine martin, river otters, elk, moose, mule deer and white-tailed deer.
- Check Eagle Point-Blue Rapids Parks Council for wildlife watching info including species checklists and reports.
No upcoming events at this time.