Alberta Parks is seeking a highly motivated, well-organized, responsible administrative support person for the 2019 operating season. This individual will be part of a team accountable for providing administrative support for program delivery in the Rocky Mountain House District. As part of the district team, you will strive to maintain Parks high standards and ensuring quality customer service.
Administrative Support 2
||Rocky Mountain House,
|Rate of Pay:
$19.20 – $23.37 per hour
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 24, 2019
- High School diploma or directly related administrative experience
- Experience in Windows and Microsoft Office
- Proficient typing and data entry skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to procedural changes within a fast paced environment and to changing data processing systems
- Ability to determine priorities and accomplish tasks in an organized, timely manner
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License
- Drivers Abstract
- Alignment with the required behavioural competencies of the role (see below)
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans.
We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for
this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility: Staff must be agile in order to anticipate and quickly adapt to changing priorities and situations to effectively meet diverse visitor needs.
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: Occasionally challenges arise and staff must assess options, understand implications and determine appropriate actions to achieve the necessary solutions.
- Systems Thinking: This position is one component of a larger work environment that includes other program areas so it's important to understand how the position contributes to achieving broader Alberta Environment & Parks goals.
Terms of Employment
- This position is five days a week (Monday to Friday, 8:15 am-4:30 pm)
- The term for this position is for approximately April to September
- This position is located in Rocky Mountain House, AB
- Final candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and a driver’s abstract.
- The Ministry of Environment and Parks supports Albertans in being proud stewards of air, land, water
and biodiversity by leading the work required for the desired environmental outcomes and sustainable
development of natural resources.
How to Apply
- Please email your application consisting of your resume and cover letter in one MS Word file or PDF, with the subject line “ADMIN-RMH-First name, Last Name”. Please ensure that this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name (Smith,Joe_Resume). Email applications are preferred.
- You can also fax, mail or drop off your application, ensuring that “ADMIN-RMH-First name, Last Name” is clearly marked.
Central Region Jobs
Alberta Environment & Parks, Parks Division
Parks Division, 1st Floor Provincial Building, 4919-51Street
Rocky Mountain House, AB, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.