Story of Peaceful Valley
Peaceful Valley Provincial Recreation Area and Day Lodge provides opportunities for organizations who serve the elderly disabled and terminally ill in Central Alberta to provide day trips for clients to a beautiful, serene location for day trips. Visitors are immersed in nature and can enjoy the magnificent scenery of the Battle River valley, multiple outdoor recreation options or simply relax in the comfort of the craftsmen style lodge.
- Available for use by groups for elderly, physically challenged and terminally ill people
- Beautiful natural setting with views of the Battle River valley
- Accommodates up to 56 guests including caregivers and bus drivers, with each wheelchair considered the equivalent of 3 guests for the occupancy limit
- Maximum number of wheelchairs allowed - 18
- Consists of an enclosed living/dining area flanked by open-air decks
- Equipped with a kitchen, washrooms and an emergency first-aid room
- Almost 2 km of wheelchair-accessible trail with benches
- Outdoor washroom facilities along trails
- Optional golf cart tour of trails and viewpoints facilitated by the volunteer campground hosts
- Horse shoe pits and ladder golf
- Coffee urn and barbeque available for visitors
- The Lodge is available by reservation only Monday to Friday, excluding holidays. Dates are available from the Tuesday following Victoria Day to September 30, annually.
- Reservations begin May1st for the season.
- To reserve:
- Online book here
- Phone 403-845-8349 Monday to Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.