Story of Peaceful Valley
Peaceful Valley Provincial Recreation Area and Day Lodge provides opportunities for organizations who serve seniors, persons with disabilities and the terminally ill in central Alberta to provide day trips for clients to a beautiful, serene location. Visitors are immersed in nature and can enjoy the magnificent scenery of the Battle River Valley, multiple outdoor recreation options or simply relax in the comfort of the craftsmen style lodge.
- Available for use by groups for seniors, persons with disabilities and terminally ill
- Beautiful natural setting with views of the Battle River Valley
- Accommodates up to 56 guests including caregivers and bus drivers, with each wheelchair considered the equivalent of 3 guests for the occupancy limit
- Maximum number of wheelchairs allowed - 18
- Consists of an enclosed living/dining area flanked by open-air decks
- Equipped with a kitchen, washrooms and an emergency first-aid room
- Almost 2 km of wheelchair-accessible trail with benches
- Outdoor washroom facilities along trails
- Optional golf cart tour of trails and viewpoints facilitated by the volunteer campground hosts
- Ladder golf
- Coffee urn and barbeque available for visitor
- The Lodge is available by reservation only.
- Reservations can be made for Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
- Available dates start the Tuesday after the Victoria Day weekend in May and are open until September 30, annually.
- Reservations begin the 3rd Monday of April for the season: