Story of Peaceful Valley
Peaceful Valley Provincial Recreation Area and Day Lodge provides opportunities for organizations who serve the elderly disabled and terminally ill in Central Alberta to provide day trips for clients to a beautiful, serene location for day trips. Visitors are immersed in nature and can enjoy the magnificent scenery of the Battle River valley, multiple outdoor recreation options or simply relax in the comfort of the craftsmen style lodge.
- Available for use by groups for elderly, physically challenged and terminally ill people
- Beautiful natural setting with views of the Battle River valley
- Accommodates up to 56 guests including caregivers and bus drivers, with each wheelchair considered the equivalent of 3 guests for the occupancy limit
- Maximum number of wheelchairs allowed - 18
- Consists of an enclosed living/dining area flanked by open-air decks
- Equipped with a kitchen, washrooms and an emergency first-aid room
- Almost 2 km of wheelchair-accessible trail with benches
- Outdoor washroom facilities along trails
- Optional golf cart tour of trails and viewpoints facilitated by the volunteer campground hosts
- Horse shoe pits and ladder golf
- Coffee urn and barbeque available for visitors
Note: Reservations for the 2020 Peaceful Valley Day Lodge are currently suspended due to the Alberta Parks facility closure in response to Covid-19. For further questions about Peaceful Valley day lodge please call Alberta Parks at 403-845-8349 or email email@example.com
- The Lodge is available by reservation only.
- Reservations can be made for Monday to Friday visits, excluding holidays.
- Available dates start the Tuesday after the Victoria Day weekend in May and are open until September 30, annually.
- Reservations begin May 1st for the season:
- Starting May 1st you can access the online booking form Book It
- If you would like to book for May 2020 and need to do so in advance of May 1st, please call the Alberta Parks office at 403-845-8349.