Construction Closure -
Lady Macdonald and Cougar Creek Canyon Blasting Closure
- Effective Date: September 11, 2023, until further notice
- Cougar Creek canyon from the junction of Montane Traverse Trail and Lady Macdonald Trail upstream for approximately 1 km.
- Access to the Lady Macdonald Trail will be closed as of 6 am on Monday, September 11 to facilitate safe blasting work. The trail will remain closed until the end of November, 2023.
- Montane Traverse Trail and Horseshoe Trail are not affected by this closure.
- Why: There will be construction and BLASTING activities to support the Town of Canmore Cougar Creek Sediment Retention Structure Project. To ensure visitor safety around the construction site, Alberta Parks is closing the access to Cougar Creek canyon for all recreational uses.
Please follow directions on construction signage and fencing.
Visitors looking for alternatives to Cougar Creek canyon may consider Heart Creek, Grotto Canyon or hire a guide that can safely show you other options.