Purchased at the Day Lodge
(5 and under)
* “Family” is defined by up to 2 adults and their children (6‐17 years of age), living at the same address.
** A regular season pass is valid from November 14th, 2020 to April 30, 2021. If you would like to use Frozen Thunder or any other trail before this time, you will need to purchase a Day Pass or Frozen Thunder Pass.
Frozen Thunder is financed and operated through a partnership agreement between: Nordiq Canada, Biathlon Canada, Alberta World Cup Academy, Alberta Biathlon, Nordiq Alberta, and WinSport with support from the Canmore Nordic Centre.
Frozen Thunder Reserved Track Time - Monday-Sunday 07:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Skiers must purchase and wear a Bib to use Frozen Thunder during reserved track time, as well as a Canmore Nordic Centre trail pass, which can be purchased at the day lodge or online. Anyone not wearing a bib or without a trail pass during reserved scheduled times will be asked to leave the Track even if they are a member of a funding partner.
- Reserved time periods have high performance athletes training at high speed and intensity. Slower skiers MUST yield to faster skiers so as not to interfere with or impede this training.
- Non-reserved Frozen Thunder track times: Monday – Sunday from 12:00 PM – 11:00 PM.
- Users do not require a bib to ski during this time period.
- A Canmore Nordic Centre trail pass is required to ski between 12:00 – 5:00 PM.
- Use of Frozen Thunder after 5:00 PM is free.
Biathlon Range Passes
* Use of the Biathlon Range is limited to participants in recognized team or club programs.
** Annual Passes expire April 30, 2020
|Event Day Pass (coaches, athletes, volunteers)
|Aides of Persons with Disabilities (when assisting their charges)
- All groups of 10 or more are eligible for a 10% discount on day pass rates. Groups must pay in one lump sum to be eligible for discounted rates.
- For organized groups with youth and children, one adult volunteer per 5 youth/children (per booking) receives a complimentary pass.
- Visa, Mastercard, Debit, Cash or cheques are accepted for payment. Please make cheques payable to the Government of Alberta.
- All prices include GST.
Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park does not charge trail fees in the summer.