Canmore Nordic Centre volunteers come from many walks of life and from all over Alberta (and beyond). What we have in common is a love for the outdoors and a deeply held commitment to preserving our wonderful wilderness playground.
Volunteer involvement in facility ambassadorship is essential to keeping Canmore Nordic Centre the beautiful park that it is. Spend some quality time with fellow outdoor enthusiasts while helping keep our park a place to be proud of. Volunteer days are fun, guaranteed!
Volunteer Opportunities at Canmore Nordic Centre
- Ski and talk to people. What could be more fun than that?
- Be an ambassador by providing wayfinding, answering questions and overall making sure our visitors feel welcome to the Park.
- Volunteering at CNC is done on weekends and holidays.
- Training is provided and attending an Orientation session is required.
- To volunteer as a Snow Host, contact the Canmore Nordic Centre at 403-678-2400 or e-mail Canmore.NordicCentre@gov.ab.ca
Summer Trail Maintenance
- Summer Trail Hosting can be done on foot, or by bike. In the summer we like to make sure our visitors understand what it means to visit the Parks and inform them of any advisories and help them find their way.
- Trail maintenance involves maintaining and caring for summer trails - design, rehabilitation, maintenance, vegetation removal and garbage clean-up.
- Canmore Nordic Centre will provide all necessary tools and supplies.
- To volunteer for Summer Trail Hosting please contact Canmore.NordicCentre@gov.ab.ca
- To volunteer for summer trail maintenance, please contact Friends of Kananaskis Country.
Other Volunteering Opportunities