Bear Closure -
Prairie Creek Trail
July 2, 2019
- Effective Date: July 2, 2019 until further notice
- Where: Prairie Creek Trail between Prairie Link and Powderface Road
- Why: Dead cow alongside of trail
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in the Kananaskis Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray.
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.
Please report all bear sightings immediately to 403-591-7755.