Students will observe, describe, and compare living things. They will use these observations to discover how animals and plants meet their basic needs, and how they depend on each other.
- Review the characteristics of trees and what they need for survival
- Observe, describe, and compare the living needs of animals
- Discover and uncover the vast array of living things that surround them
- Compare and contrast living things with dead and non-living things
- Learn some ways that animals help plants survive and seed dispersal
- Role playing to help students understand the role plants play in creating shelter and habitat for animals.
- Classify local plants and animals into groups on the basis of visible characteristics.