Are you passionate about outdoor recreation in Kananaskis Country?
Are you well‐organized, and a great verbal communicator?
Do you want to help people connect with nature?
Alberta Parks is hiring a personable individual with a passion for the outdoors, demonstrated leadership ability and excellent customer service skills to fill up to one full‐time, seasonal Information Centre Supervisor position.
||Information Centre Supervisor
Administrative Support 4
||Kananaskis Visitor Information Centre at Barrier Lake
|Rate of Pay:
Approximately $23.33/hour plus an additional $3.25/hour on weekends
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 26, 2019
- Ensure the eﬀective daily delivery of information about Bow District/Kananaskis Region and Alberta Parks trails, facilities, and safety conditions between Kananaskis Operations and visitors (directly and through private operators) at the Kananaskis Visitor Information Centre and Kananaskis Regional Information Line in order to increase the knowledge of visitors
- Oversee daily operations of the centre to ensure a productive, professional and safe worksite that meets visitor needs
- Deliver information outreach to engage the public beyond the visitor centre, and in more responsive ways
- Gather and share staﬀ and visitor‐generated first‐hand accounts of trails, experiences, and facilities to ensure accuracy and authenticity of information
- Supervise a team of seasonal Park Communicators in all aspects of customer service and information delivery
- A completed diploma or degree in communications, outdoor education, ecotourism and outdoor leadership, resource management, or conservation education is required. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and comfort dealing with people from diverse backgrounds
- Proven ability to quickly pull together a team of diverse individuals and mentor them to model excellent customer service
- In‐depth knowledge of Kananaskis Country’s trails, facilities and natural environment, and an interest in broadening that knowledge
- Passion for the outdoors and experience with common mountain recreational activities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Valid basic first‐aid certification (required prior to commencement)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Retail sales experience
- Class 5 drivers license
- Fluency in languages other than English
Terms of Employment
- This position starts on March 26, 2019 and is expected to run until early September 2019. This position may have opportunities for extension into the autumn season.
- This position is expected to work all weekends throughout the summer.
- Dorm‐style rental accommodation may be available.
- This competition may be used to fill other positions within the Kananaskis Country Information Program.
How to Apply
- Please submit a single file (MS Word or PDF) which includes both your cover letter and resume to the email listed below.
- Ensure that "Parks Supervisor" is included in the subject line.
- All résumés must be received by 4 pm, Tuesday February 26, 2019.
Visitor Information Services Supervisor
Kananaskis Region, Alberta
The Kananaskis Public Engagement Section is committed to diversity. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.