Are you passionate about outdoor recreation in Kananaskis Country?
Are you well-organised, and a great verbal communicator?
Do you want to help people connect with nature?
Alberta Parks is hiring personable individuals with a passion for the outdoors and excellent customer service skills to fill up to five part-time and full-time seasonal Parks Communicator positions.
||Parks Communicators - Kananaskis
Administrative Support 3
||Kananaskis Visitor Information Centre at Barrier Lake, or Elbow Valley Visitor Information Centre on Highway 66 west of Bragg Creek
|Rate of Pay:
Approximately $21.19/hour with an additional $3.25/hour on weekends
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 26, 2019
- Provide area information and orientation to visitors with a focus on public safety.
- Reply to inquiries concerning visitor facilities, recreational opportunities, natural and cultural history, route selection, wildlife, environmental issues and potential hazards in the mountain environment.
- Rove trails and facilities to develop an understanding of the area and to gather first-hand information on conditions, visitor use and the experiences offered by Alberta Parks.
- Contribute to the gathering and sharing of written information about Alberta Parks as part of a dynamic information and outreach team.
- High school diploma and one year of related experience (e.g. work in recreation, natural sciences, teaching, communications, etc.). Equivalences will be considered on directly related experience or education considered on the basis of: one year of experience for one year of education or one year of education for one year of experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and comfort dealing with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Basic knowledge of Kananaskis Country trails, facilities and natural environment.
- Passion for the outdoors and experience with common mountain recreational activities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Valid basic first aid certification (required prior to commencement).
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License
- Retail sales experience
- Fluency in languages other than English
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat
Terms of Employment
- Park Communicator positions start in late March, mid May and late June, and run until early September 2019.
- Full-time (36.25 hrs/wk) and part-time (14.5 to 29 hrs/wk) positions are available.
- All Parks Communicators are expected to work all weekends throughout the summer.
- Dorm-style rental accommodation may be available.
How to Apply
- Please submit one file (MS Word or PDF) which includes your cover letter and resume to the email address below.
- Please identify your available start date in your cover letter.
- Ensure that "Parks Employment" is included in the subject line.
- All resumes must be received by 4pm, Tuesday February 26, 2019.
Visitor Information Services Supervisor
Kananaskis Region, Alberta
The Kananaskis Public Engagement Section is committed to diversity. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.