Are you passionate about working with people?
Are you a great verbal communicator?
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment?
Alberta Parks is seeking personable individuals with a passion for people and excellent customer service skills to fill seasonal Safety Ambassador Team Supervisor positions at the Sikome Aquatic Facility located in Fish Creek Provincial Park.
||Safety Ambassador Team Supervisor
Administrative Support 3
||Sikome Aquatic Facility in Fish Creek Provincial Park (Calgary)
|Rate of Pay:
$21.14/hour with an additional $3.25/hour on weekends and after 3 p.m. on Fridays
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||April 12, 2019
- Supervise a team of Safety Ambassadors in all aspects of job performance and daily operations.
- Safety supervision and education, monitoring visitor activity and assisting in emergencies as required within the fenced Sikome Aquatic Facility area (includes grass areas, the beach, along the waterfront, in change rooms, washrooms etc.)
- Occasional supervision of Visitor Service Attendants when required
- Ensure the delivery of outstanding customer service while maintaining an efficient, professional, clean and safe work environment
- Perform seasonal facility set up and close down requirements which includes: Clean the buildings and physically set up/tear down and store equipment (desks, furniture, tables, computers, first aid supplies, life jackets etc.)
- Order and pickup required equipment, stock and supplies
- Assist with developing staffing plans and facility operating schedules.
- Prepare and deliver various aquatic programs
- Assist with screening, interviewing, completing reference checks, commencements and assigning shifts as required in order to fill seasonal manpower requirements
- Set up and deliver seasonal orientation and training.
- Coach, monitor and address employee performance and concerns
- Enter and maintain employee records (training, performance, attendance records, payroll information etc) into appropriate systems as required
- Assist with completion of employee performance agreements
- Perform required OH&S requirements such as completion of facility and vehicle inspections, update safe work procedures, hazard assessments and emergency response plans
- Troubleshoot and address systems and equipment failures when required
- Perform Beach Ambassador duties when required
- Light maintenance and various operational tasks as required
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma and experience working in an aquatics environment including a minimum of 24 months lifeguarding experience. National Lifeguard-Pool or National Lifeguard-Waterfront (current within two years) and current CPR-C/AED or CPR-HCP/AED (current within 1 year certification is required.
- Equivalencies will be considered on directly related experience or education considered on the basis of: one year of experience for one year of education or one year of education for one year of experience.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older by June 2019.
The following are considered assets and should be highlighted in your resume:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a busy environment and remain composed and calm in difficult or stressful situations
- SFA or AEC certification (current within two years)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills dealing with people from diverse backgrounds
- Proven ability to quickly pull together a team of diverse individuals and mentor them to model excellent customer service
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; Adobe Acrobat is an asset
- Class 5 drivers license is an asset
- Fluency in languages other than English is an asset
- Valid Certificate of Completion of the AHS Food Sanitation and Hygiene Course is an asset
Terms of Employment
- Term begins June 1 and runs to September 7, 2019.
- Scheduled 40 hr/wk. based on up to 10 hours paid work per day. Days of the week, number of days per week and hours per day scheduled may vary from time to time.
- Weekday, weekend, stat holiday and evening work is required throughout the season. Extended periods of time off during the season cannot be accommodated.
- WEATHER AND VISITOR ATTENDANCE IMPACT OPERATIONAL STAFFING NEEDS. SCHEDULED HOURS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
- Uniforms and name tags are required and provided.
How to Apply
Visitor Experience & Revenue Supervisor
Fish Creek Provincial Park, Calgary, Alberta
Please submit one file (MS Word or PDF) which includes your cover letter and resume to the email address above. Ensure that “Parks Employment” is included in the subject line. All résumés must be received by 4 pm, Friday, April 12, 2019.
The Kananaskis Public Engagement Section is committed to diversity. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.