Are you passionate about working with people?
Are you a great verbal communicator?
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment?
Alberta Parks is seeking personable individuals with a passion for people and excellent customer service skills to fill seasonal Safety Ambassador positions at the Sikome Aquatic Facility located in Fish Creek Provincial Park.
Administrative Support 2
||Sikome Aquatic Facility in Fish Creek Provincial Park (Calgary)
|Rate of Pay:
$19.20/hour with an additional $3.25/hour on weekends and after 3 p.m. on Fridays
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||April 12, 2019
- Daily opening, closing and cleaning of work area
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Provide safety supervision, safety education and assistance to visitors in emergency situations as required
- Assist with program development and delivery
- Provide relevant information and answer any questions they may have regarding the facility and/or Fish Creek Provincial Park
- Offer minor first-aid to visitors when required
- Assist with the performance of Visitor Service Attendant duties if required
- Assist with complaint resolution
- Light maintenance and various operational tasks as required
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma and 1-2 years lifeguarding experience. National Lifeguard-Pool or National Lifeguard-Waterfront (current within two years) and current CPR-C/AED or CPR-HCP/AED (current within 1 year) certification is required.
- Equivalencies will be considered on directly related experience or education considered on the basis of: one year of experience for one year of education or one year of education for one year of experience.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older by June 2019.
The following are considered assets and should be highlighted in your resume:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a busy environment and remain composed and calm in difficult or stressful situations.
- SFA or AEC certification (current within two years)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills dealing with people from diverse backgrounds
- Basic knowledge of Fish Creek Provincial Park amenities
- Fluency in languages other than English is an asset
Terms of Employment
- Training takes place mid June. Positions start in mid/late June, and run until September 2, 2019.
- Scheduled hours/week vary and are based on operational need. A variety of shifts offering between 15 – 40 hrs/week are available. Casual (unscheduled) positions are also available. Shifts are assigned and could include working shifts up to 10 hours of paid work per day.
- These positions are expected to be available to work weekends, evenings and stat holidays throughout the summer. Extended periods of time off during the season cannot be accommodated.
- WEATHER AND VISITOR ATTENDANCE IMPACT OPERATIONAL STAFFING NEEDS. SCHEDULED HOURS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
- Uniforms and name tags are required and provided.
How to Apply
Visitor Experience & Revenue Supervisor
Fish Creek Provincial Park, Calgary, Alberta
Please submit one file (MS Word or PDF) which includes your cover letter and resume to the email address above. Ensure that “Parks Employment” is included in the subject line. All résumés must be received by 4 pm, Friday, April 12, 2019.
The Kananaskis Public Engagement Section is committed to diversity. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.