Are you passionate about working with people?
Are you a great verbal communicator?
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment?
Alberta Parks is seeking personable individuals with a passion for people and excellent customer service skills to fill seasonal Visitor Services Attendant positions at the Sikome Aquatic Facility located in Fish Creek Provincial Park.
||Visitor Services Attendant
Administrative Support 2
||Sikome Aquatic Facility in Fish Creek Provincial Park (Calgary)
|Rate of Pay:
Approximately $19.20/hour plus $3.25/hour on weekends and after 3pm on Fridays
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||April 12, 2019
- Daily opening, closing and cleaning of work area
- Control and monitor facility points of entry and exit
- Greet visitors and provide relevant daily information and answer any questions they may have regarding the facility and/or Fish Creek Provincial Park
- Carry out voluntary bag checks to ensure visitor is in compliance to facility conditions of use
- Ensure visitors proceed to appropriate payment kiosks
- Process payments for admissions, season pass sales, swim lesson registrations, retail merchandise and concession items using presented payment method (cash, credit/debit card, voucher or season pass) and approved Government of Alberta procedures
- Process swim lesson registrations
- Assist with complaint resolution
- Stock, rotate and maintain inventory of all retail and concession items.
- Prep, maintain and sell concession items as required by Alberta Health Services Safe Food Handling Guidelines
- Clean and sanitize concession counters, food prep areas, utensils and equipment as required
- Reconcile shift sales
- Various other operational duties may be assigned
- High school diploma and a minimum of 6 months related experience (i.e. customer service, cash handling, etc.)
- Equivalences will be considered on directly related experience or education considered on the basis of: one year of experience for one year of education or one year of education for one year of experience.
- Valid basic first aid certification (required prior to commencement).
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older by June 2019.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and comfort dealing with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Basic knowledge of Fish Creek Provincial Park amenities.
- Retail sales experience.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
- Valid AHS Safe Food Handling Certification.
Terms of Employment
- Training takes place mid-June. Positions start in mid/late June, and run until September 2, 2019.
- Scheduled hours/week vary and are based on operational need. A variety of shifts offering between 15 – 40 hrs/week are available. Casual (unscheduled) positions are also available. Shifts are assigned and could include working shifts up to 10 hours of paid work per day.
- These positions are expected to be available to work weekends, evenings and stat holidays throughout the summer. Extended periods of time off during the season cannot be accommodated.
- WEATHER AND VISITOR ATTENDANCE IMPACT OPERATIONAL STAFFING NEEDS. SCHEDULED HOURS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
- Uniforms and name tags are required and provided.
How to Apply
Visitor Experience & Revenue Supervisor
Fish Creek Provincial Park, Calgary, Alberta
Please submit one file (MS Word or PDF) which includes your cover letter and resume to the email address above. Ensure that “Parks Employment” is included in the subject line. All résumés must be received by 4 pm, Friday, April 12, 2019.
The Kananaskis Public Engagement Section is committed to diversity. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.