Are you passionate about working with people?
Are you a great verbal communicator?
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment?
Alberta Parks is seeking personable individuals with a passion for people and excellent customer service skills to fill seasonal Visitor Services Team Supervisor positions at the Sikome Aquatic Facility located in Fish Creek Provincial Park.
||Visitor Services Team Supervisor
Administrative Support 3
||Sikome Aquatic Facility in Fish Creek Provincial Park (Calgary)
|Rate of Pay:
$21.14/hour with an additional $3.25/hour on weekends and after 3 p.m. on Fridays
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||April 12, 2019
- Supervise a team of seasonal Visitor Services Attendants in all aspects of job performance and daily operations of the facility.
- Occasional supervision of Safety Ambassadors may be required.
- Ensure the delivery of outstanding customer service while maintaining an efficient, professional, clean and safe work environment that meets visitor and staff needs.
- Reconcile and consolidate daily revenue, prepare bank deposits and cash pickups.
- Perform seasonal facility set up and close down requirements which includes: Clean the buildings and physically set up/tear down and store equipment (desks, furniture, tables, computers, concession equipment etc.)
- Order and pickup required equipment, stock and supplies.
- Assist with developing the staffing plan in conjunction with facility operating schedules.
- Assist with screening, interviewing, completing reference checks, commencements and assigning shifts as required in order to fill seasonal manpower requirements.
- Set up and deliver seasonal orientation and training.
- Coach, monitor and address employee performance and concerns.
- Enter and maintain employee records (training, performance, attendance records, payroll information etc) into appropriate systems as required.
- Assist with completion of employee performance agreements.
- Track retail and concession inventory.
- Perform required OH&S requirements such as completion of facility and vehicle inspections, update safe work procedures, hazard assessments and emergency response plans.
- Troubleshoot and address systems and equipment failures when required.
- Perform Visitor Services Attendant duties to cover shift vacancies and employee breaks when required.
- Various other operational duties may be assigned.
The following are considered assets and should be highlighted in your resume:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and comfort dealing with people from diverse backgrounds
- Proven ability to quickly pull together a team of diverse individuals and mentor them to model excellent customer service
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; Adobe Acrobat is an asset
- Retail sales experience is an asset
- Class 5 drivers license is an asset
- Fluency in languages other than English is an asset
- Valid Certificate of Completion of the AHS Food Sanitation and Hygiene Course is an asset
Terms of Employment
- Term begins June 1 and runs to September 7, 2019
- Scheduled 40 hr/wk based on up to 10 hours paid work per day. Days of the week, number of days per week and hours per day scheduled may vary from time to time.
- Weekday, weekend, stat holiday and evening work is required throughout the season. Extended periods of time off during the season cannot be accommodated.
- WEATHER AND VISITOR ATTENDANCE IMPACT OPERATIONAL STAFFING NEEDS. SCHEDULED HOURS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
- Uniforms and name tags are required and provided.
- The Kananaskis Public Engagement Section is committed to diversity. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
Visitor Experience & Revenue Supervisor
Fish Creek Provincial Park, Calgary, Alberta
Please submit one file (MS Word or PDF) which includes your cover letter and resume to the email address above. Ensure that “Parks Employment” is included in the subject line. All résumés must be received by 4 pm, Friday April 12, 2019.
The Kananaskis Public Engagement Section is committed to diversity. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.