William Watson Lodge, within Peter Lougheed Provincial Park, is looking for motivated and team oriented staff to fill 2 casual positions. The facilities at William Watson Lodge support access to wilderness for all abilities, cultures, and ages.
All positions work on a variety of tasks with a focus on service excellence to provide persons with disabilities barrier-free access to nature and parks. As a member of the facilities team you will help support accessible, safe, and comfortable experiences for visitors to William Watson Lodge.
||Guest Services Generalist (Casual Positions)
Administrative Support 3
||William Watson Lodge in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park
|Rate of Pay:
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||April 1, 2019
- Greet and register, check in guests
- Operate point of sale, handle cash, and track reservations
- Act as point of contact for guest issues, or concerns
- Perform light cleaning duties as required
- Act as point of contact for information services pertaining to William Watson Lodge and Peter Lougheed Provincial Park
- Act as a first responder in case of emergency
- High School diploma with minimum 2 years’ experience in guest services or administrative support
- Current 1st aid/CPR and defibrillator certification
- Experience with outdoor and adaptive recreation will be considered an asset
- Experience working with persons with disabilities and seniors will be considered an asset
- Strong communication and excellent customer service skills
- Excellent work ethic and team focus
- Capable of administrative work with attention to detail
- Positive, professional approach to tasks such as cleaning washrooms and removing garbage
- Comfortable supporting people of diverse background and abilities
Terms of Employment
- Guest Services Generalist is a casual position, working on call, when scheduled. Weekend, evening and overnight work is expected.
- Considerations will be given to applicants within a 1.5 hour drive time of Peter Lougheed Provincial Park.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum valid class 5 Alberta driver’s license and be able to provide a clear criminal reference check and vulnerable sector search.
How to Apply
Alberta Parks is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one document with Guest Services - Casual in the title to Jill.Jamieson@gov.ab.ca by 4pm April 1st, 2019.
William Watson Lodge Team Lead
Peter Lougheed Provincial Park, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.