William Watson Lodge is looking for motivated and team oriented seasonal staff to fill multiple positions this summer within Peter Lougheed Provincial Park. The facilities at William Watson Lodge support access to wilderness for all abilities, all cultures, and all ages.
All positions work on a variety of tasks with a focus on service excellence to provide persons with disabilities barrier-free access to nature and parks. As a member of the facilities team you will help support accessible, safe, and comfortable experiences for visitors to William Watson Lodge.
||Guest Services Generalist (Seasonal)
Administrative Support 3
||William Watson Lodge in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park
|Rate of Pay:
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||March 27, 2019
- Greet and register, check in guests
- Operate point of sale, handle cash, and track reservations
- Act as point of contact for guest issues, or concerns
- Perform light cleaning duties as required
- Perform light landscaping duties as required
- Act as point of contact for information services pertaining to William Watson Lodge and Peter Lougheed Provincial Park
- High School diploma with minimum 2 years’ experience in guest services or administrative support
- Current 1st aid/CPR and defibrillator certification
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Excellent work ethic and team focus
- Able to operate and maintain various landscaping and cleaning equipment
- Capable of administrative work with attention to detail
- Positive, professional approach to tasks such as cleaning washrooms and removing garbage.
- Comfortable supporting people of diverse background and abilities
- Able to clearly commit to the full season, mid-May through to mid-September
Terms of Employment
- Guest Services Generalist - Seasonal is a term position, working 40 hours per week. Weekend, evening and overnight work is expected.
- The Term position will run from approximately mid-May through Mid-September (depending on operations requirements).
- The successful candidate will have a minimum valid class 5 Alberta driver’s license and be able to provide a clear criminal reference check and vulnerable sector search.
- Staff housing available.
How to Apply
Alberta Parks is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one document with Guest Services - Seasonal in the title to Jill.Jamieson@gov.ab.ca by 4pm March 27th, 2019.
William Watson Lodge Team Lead
Peter Lougheed Provincial Park, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.