Kananaskis Country provides a spectrum of educational programming to meet teacher and community group needs. We support opportunities for students and participants to discover and appreciate Alberta's natural and cultural heritage.
Curricular content is based on Alberta Education’s Program of Studies and reflects Alberta Parks Topics and Themes for Youth Engagement. Our programs are bias-free and developed to provide an enriched, experiential learning experience that recognizes a variety of worldviews while utilizing Alberta’s Park system as an authentic learning landscape. Students gain a more informed view of our world and our relationship to it. This supports youth in making informed decisions and ultimately becoming active stewards of Alberta’s park system.
Field Programs for Students
- With over 4,000 square kilometres of mountain rivers, alpine meadows and mixed forests, Kananaskis Country provides the ideal outdoor classroom.
- Kananaskis Country offers curriculum-driven field programs for students in grades 4 to 12.
- Division I programs are offered through Fish Creek Provincial Park in Calgary which is within the Kananaskis Region. Fish Creek also offers additional Division II and III Environmental Education programming.
- Our field studies immerse students in the beauty of their natural and cultural heritage while providing authentic learning experiences.
Teacher-led Field Studies
- We offer specialized teacher workshops. Training supports teacher understanding and incorporation of best practices in environmental and outdoor education into programs of study.
Environmental Education Resources