The Northwest Region of Alberta Parks is looking for motivated, courteous and hard-working individuals with exceptional customer service skills to fill Information Officer positions for the summer at Lesser Slave Lake and Hilliard’s Bay Provincial Parks.
Administrative Support 2
||Lesser Slave Lake and Hilliard's Bay
|Rate of Pay:
19.40 - 23.61
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||March 12, 2021
- High School Diploma or post-secondary education.
- Equivalencies will be considered.
- One year of customer service experience.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, internet).
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License
- Recognized current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Defensive Driving Certificate (within three years)
- Drivers Abstract
- Post secondary
- 1 year related experience
- Previous Alberta Parks experience
- Experience handling cash, POS systems
- Alberta Flora, Fauna, History
- Reserve Alberta Parks experience
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans.
We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for
this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility: To think creatively while working in a changing work environment.
- Build Collaborative Environments: By promoting collaboration and commitment, encourage broad thinking on projects, work together to eliminate barriers to progress, and facilitate open and respectful dialogue.
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: Using a wide range of communication techniques to promptly and professionally address issues.
- Develop Networks: Through ongoing relationships with staff, park visitors, partner organizations, and Indigenous communities.
Terms of Employment
- This is a seasonal wage opportunity.
- Hours of work: Employees will work a 40 hour work week. Days of the week will depend on the placement.
- Wage employees receive 11.2% in addition to regular wage earnings in lieu of benefits and vacation leave.
- 5.2 percent of regular wage earnings instead of paid holidays
- 6 percent of regular wage earnings instead of annual vacation pay.
- Final candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and a driver’s abstract.
- Shift and weekend work will be required.
- Those selected for an interview must bring three work related references to the interview.
How to Apply
Online application is required.
1) Visit https://jobpostings.alberta.ca/ to locate the job posting (search for the term "info officer")
2) Create a candidate profile and upload your application. For help on creating a profile, visit: https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/psc-jobs-external-applicant-creating-candidate-profile.pdf
3) Answer the pre-screening questions with your location choices. Visit www.albertaparks.ca for more information on each location.
4) Applicants will be able to track the status of their applications through their profile page.
NEW for 2021: If interested in applying for both the Information Officer and Lead Information Officer positions, you must apply on BOTH competitions separately.
- Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
- It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Services (IQAS) - http:/work.alberta.ca/iqas. It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
- Interviews will be held virtually in March.
- This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
- We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements.
Alberta Environment & Parks
- If you require any further information about this posting, please contact AEPParks.Jobsfirstname.lastname@example.org and put PRRO in the subject line or contact TAS Administrator Name at TAS Administrator Email Address.
- If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check http://www.jobs.alberta.ca or http://www.albertaparks.ca for a listing of current career opportunities with the Government of Alberta.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.