- Approximately 5 km of cross-country ski trails are groomed for classical style skiing.
- A shelter with a wood stove and stocked firewood is available in the day use area.
- The trails are not patrolled. Be prepared for emergencies. Please carry your cell phone and an emergency kit containing an extra ski tip, cord, wire, pliers, a pocket knife, screw driver and screws.
- Guidelines: Ski on the right. Pass on the left. Step off the trail to the right when stopping. Downhill traffic has the right of way. Use caution when approaching steep slopes and bridges.
- Snowshoers are welcome to explore the park’s open and forested areas.
- There are no formal snowshoeing trails. Please do not snowshoe on cross-country ski trails.
Winter Safety Tips & Rules
- Frostbite and hypothermia are real dangers in winter. Be prepared before you head outside. Dress in layers and wear a hat. Carry extra socks and a sweater.
- Keep your dog on a leash and off the ski track.
- Obey all signs.
- Use the firepits and stoves provided at shelters and picnic areas.
- Pack out all your garbage.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- For information on winter conditions, especially after a heavy snow or severe weather, check Advisories or phone the Alberta Parks District Office at 780-849-7100.