Bear Warning -
Bears in Area
August 6, 2019
- Effective: August 6, 2019, until further notice
- Where: Beauvais Lake Provincial Park, including campgrounds, trails, and day use areas
- Why: The chances of a bear encounter are higher than normal throughout the campgrounds, day use areas, and trails. A Black Bear sow and cubs; and a separate juvenile Black Bear have all be frequenting public areas within the park. A sow may be protective of her cubs
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in the South Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray.
- Learn more about bear safety review the Bear Smart Brochure.