- Backcountry tent camping is allowed within the Castle Wildland Provincial Park. Vehicle camping is prohibited in the wildland park.
- Backcountry camping permits are not required. Camping at staging areas and day use parking lots is prohibited.
- Your campsite and fire must be at least 1 kilometre from any facility and road.
- Your campsite and fire must be at least 50 metres from any trail.
- Please practice traceless camping methods including dismantling fire pits and packing out all your supplies and garbage.
Tips for a safe and enjoyable experience:
- Before your visit, check albertaparks.ca/advisories and albertafirebans.ca for current notices
- When traveling in the backcountry, bring appropriate equipment, emergency provisions and review safety information
- · Provide family or friends with your detailed trip plans and what to do if you do not report back on time
- · Do not put any foreign materials into any watercourses (e.g., fuel, soap, body waste, grey water)
Any maps and map views are for general information only.
Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.