For additional information, check our Regulations webpage or pamphlet.
- A camping permit is required for overnight camping in Dinosaur Provincial Park.
- The permit holder is responsible for all actions of visitors and camping party members on the campsite.
- Campfires are permitted only in firepits provided.
- Always make sure your fire is out before you leave.
- Fishing is permitted in the Red Deer River.
- If you are an Alberta resident between the ages of 16 and 65, you must have an Alberta angling licence. Non-residents must obtain an Alberta angling licence.
- Check Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations for more info.
Fossils, Rocks, Plants & Deadfall
- Do not cut, deface or remove any plant, fossil or rock.
- Removal or disturbance any fossil material is prohibited under the Historic Resources Act.
- Collecting or burning deadfall or cutting trees for firewood is NOT allowed in the park.
- Hunting is not allowed in Dinosaur Provincial Park.
- Liquor is allowed within your registered campsite only.
- If you are found in possession of liquor in washrooms, roads, picnic or other public areas, you will be subject to prosecution under the Gaming and Liquor Act.
- Only vehicles licensed for highways may be operated on roadways within provincial parks.
- Obey all speed limits and traffic signs.
- Licensed off-highway vehicles (OHVs) such as all-terrain vehicles, trail bikes and snowmobiles are NOT allowed in Dinosaur Provincial Park.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Pets are not allowed in public buildings.
- Pets are not allowed at public programs or on public tours.
- Do not feed or harass wildlife.
- Do not approach wildlife. Always give animals the chance to move away from you.