Are you interested in a great summer experience? Do you love working with people? Are you passionate about the outdoors? Alberta Parks is currently seeking energetic people to join the team at Cypress Hills Provincial Park for the 2019 season.
||Caretakers - Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park
Caretaking Services 1
||Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park
|Rate of Pay:
$22.51 - $23.85
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||April 24, 2019
- Cleaning of government facilities (Visitor Centre, marina building, ski hill buildings, campground washrooms, day use areas and offices)
- Be familiar with and follow OH&S practices, procedures and responsibilities
- Interact with the public in a professional manner – maintain visitor experience
- Safe operation of cleaning appliances, use of chemical cleaners, lifting and carrying
- Support Caretaking Foreman with duties including staff accommodation move-in/move-outs and purchasing of supplies
- High School Diploma preferred
- Knowledge of park facilities and services
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- Good judgment and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Related post-secondary education
- Standard First Aid certification
- Previous caretaking experience is considered an asset
Terms of Employment
- 36.25 hour work week.
- Shift and weekend work is required, including early shifts.
- Seasonal employment beginning in May with potential for fall/winter seasonal employment depending upon performance and funding
- Defensive Driving certificate and Driver’s Abstract will be required upon hiring
- On-site fully furnished rental accommodations are available, but not guaranteed
How to Apply
- Please email your application (resume, cover letter and any other documents
in one MS Word file or PDF) to
with the subject line "Caretakers - Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park". Please ensure that
this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name
(Smith,Joe_Resume). Email applications are preferred.
Office Manager (Acting)
Elkwater, AB, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.