Are you interested in a great winter experience? Do you love working with people? Are you passionate about the outdoors? Alberta Parks is currently seeking energetic people to join the team at Cypress Hills Provincial Park for the 2019 season.
||Caretakers - Cypress Hills Provincial Park
Caretaking Services 1
(36.25 hours /week; shift and weekend work required; early shifts required hours/week)
||Cypress Hills Provincial Park,
|Rate of Pay:
$22.51 - $23.85
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||March 1, 2019
- Cleaning of government facilities (Visitor Centre, marina building, ski hill buildings, campground washrooms, day use areas and offices)
- Be familiar with and follow OH&S practices, procedures and responsibilities
- Interact with the public in a professional manner – maintain visitor experience
- Safe operation of cleaning appliances, use of chemical cleaners, lifting and carrying
- Support Caretaking Foreman with duties including staff accommodation move-in/move-outs and purchasing of supplies
- High School Diploma preferred; related post-secondary is considered an asset
- Knowledge of park facilities and services
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- Good judgment and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Standard First Aid certification and previous caretaking experience are considered assets
- Defensive Driving Certificate (within three years)
- Related post-secondary education
- Previous caretaking experience
Terms of Employment
- Shift and weekend work is required, including early shifts.
- Shared rental accommodation may be available.
How to Apply
- Seasonal employment beginning in May with potential for fall/winter seasonal employment depending upon performance and funding
- 36.25 hour work week; shift and weekend work is required; variable shifts required
- Defensive Driving certificate and Driver’s Abstract will be required upon hiring
- On-site fully furnished rental accommodations are available, but not guaranteed
- Please email your application (resume, cover letter and any other documents
in one MS Word file or PDF) to
with the subject line "Caretakers - Cypress Hills Provincial Park". Please ensure that
this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name
(Smith,Joe_Resume). Email applications are preferred.
Cypress Hills Jobs
Alberta Environment & Parks
Cypress Hills Provincial Park
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.