If you enjoy working in an outdoor setting and are committed to customer service, come join our maintenance team. Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park is seeking motivated, well-organized individuals with a strong attention to detail for caretaking positions.
||Caretakers - Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park
Caretaking Services 1
||Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park
|Rate of Pay:
$22.51/hr (plus weekend and evening premiums)
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 22, 2019
As part of the caretaking team, you strive to maintain Alberta Parks’ high standards to ensure quality customer service and safety is provided at all times. Specific responsibilities include
- Routine custodial and cleaning duties for park buildings, facilities and 3 units of comfort camping
- Garbage and recycling collection
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Familiarity with and practice of all pertinent occupational health & safety (OH&S) policies, procedures and protocols
- Some high school education
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail and a professional attitude
- 6 months related or equivalent experience
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to carry out physically demanding tasks
- Ability to work in extreme heat conditions
- Experience using Microsoft Windows, email and the internet
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) 2015 Certificate
- Applicants must have a valid Class 5 (Class 4 an asset) Drivers license, either unrestricted or GDL, and a suitable driving history with no more than 8 demerits (4 demerits for a GDL). Your application must include a 5-year Commercial Driver’s Abstract issued within 30 days of your application submission
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License
- Defensive Driving Certificate (within three years)
- Drivers Abstract
- Off-highway vehicle experience
- Recognized current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Level "C" Certificate / AED
Terms of Employment
- These seasonal opportunities vary in length from 2 to 6 months. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. May be required to work holidays.
- Final candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and a driver’s abstract.
- Shift and weekend work will be required.
- This position requires working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Shared rental accommodation may be available.
- This posting may be used to fill future vacancies.
How to Apply
- Please email your application (resume, cover letter and any other documents
in one MS Word file or PDF) to
with the subject line "Caretakers - Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park". Please ensure that
this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name
(Smith,Joe_Resume). Email applications are preferred.
Shelly Law, Maintenance & Caretaking Supervisor
Alberta Environment & Parks
Milk River, Alberta
For more information, call Shelly Law at 403-647-2364, Extension 351.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.