Are you interested in a great summer experience? Do you love working with people? Are you passionate about the outdoors? Alberta Parks is currently seeking energetic people to join the team at Cypress Hills Provincial Park for the summer season.
||Information Officers - Cypress Hills Provincial Park
Administrative Support 2
(Up to 40 hours hours/week)
||Cypress Hills Provincial Park,
|Rate of Pay:
$19.20-$23.37/hour (plus weekend/evening premium)
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||March 1, 2019
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a busy Visitor Centre
- Welcoming visitors and providing information about Cypress Hills PP as well as travel counselling regarding local, regional and provincial attractions
- Operating gift shop till, handling cash, processing debit/credit card transactions
- Promoting and selling interpretive program tickets and recreational equipment to visitors
- Light cleaning and maintenance of the Visitor Centre displays and gift shop
- Reception duties
- Special event planning, preparation and delivery
- High School Diploma
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills
- Work experience in a busy customer service environment
- Experience handling cash, using point-of-sale machines and till operations
- Excellent communication, organizational and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of park facilities and services
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License
- Defensive Driving Certificate (within three years)
- Related post-secondary education
- Tourism experience
- Knowledge of natural and cultural history
Terms of Employment
- These are seasonal positions, 4 months in length (May to September).
- Final candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and a driver’s abstract.
- Shift and weekend work will be required.
- Shared rental accommodation may be available.
How to Apply
- Please email your application (resume, cover letter and any other documents
in one MS Word file or PDF) to
with the subject line "Information Officers - Cypress Hills Provincial Park". Please ensure that
this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name
(Smith,Joe_Resume). Email applications are preferred.
Alberta Environment & Parks
Cypress Hills Provincial Park
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.