Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park is seeking energetic and organized individuals with great people skills to fill prospective seasonal Information Officer positions. Information Officers fulfill various job functions essential to the delivery of great customer service at the park.
||Information Officers - Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park
Administrative Support 2
||Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park
|Rate of Pay:
$19.31/hr (plus weekend/evening premium)
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 22, 2019
- Welcoming visitors and informing them of recreation and learning experiences in and around the park
- Promoting and selling interpretive tour tickets
- Operating Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca reservation and registration system
- Operating till, handling cash, processing debit and credit transactions
- Keeping displays and work areas clean and organized
- Supporting planning and delivery of special events
- High School Diploma (High school students may be considered at a lesser rate of pay.)
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Strong work ethic and professional attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Experience using Microsoft Windows & Office, Email and Internet
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) 2015 Certificate
- Applicants must have a valid Class 5 (Class 4 an asset) Drivers license, either unrestricted or GDL, and a suitable driving history with no more than 8 demerits (4 demerits for a GDL). Your application must include a 5-year Commercial Driver’s Abstract issued within 30 days of your application submission
- Recognized current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Level "C" Certificate / AED
- Experience with till systems & online reservation systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Publisher
- Class 4 Operator's License
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans.
We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for
this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility: Information Officers require the ability to adapt their service approach in a multitude of situations to support visitor needs.
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: Information Officers use their training, experiences and knowledge to apply and adapt existing park processes to address issues in their day-to-day work environment.
- Develop Networks: Information Officers are often the initial contact a visitor has with Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park. Through thorough follow-up and clear communications, Information Officers will help facilitate excellent customer experiences for all visitor inquiries.
Terms of Employment
- These are seasonal opportunities of varying lengths - 2 to 6 month terms, full and part-time (full time: 7.25 hours/day, 36.25 hours/week).
- Final candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and a driver’s abstract.
- Shift and weekend work will be required.
- Shared rental accommodation may be available.
- This posting may be used to fill future vacancies.
How to Apply
- Please email your application (resume, cover letter and any other documents
in one MS Word file or PDF) to
with the subject line "Information Officers - Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park". Please ensure that
this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name
(Smith,Joe_Resume). Email applications are preferred.
Suzanne Lodermeier, Visitor Centre Coordinator
Alberta Environment & Parks
Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park
Milk River, Alberta
For more information, contact Suzanne Lodermeier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-647-2364.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.