If you enjoy working outdoors and are committed to customer service, come join our Maintenance Service Team. Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park is seeking motivated, well-organized individuals with a strong attention to detail for caretaking positions.
||Maintenance Service Workers - Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park
Maintenance Service Worker 1
(40 hours/week hours/week)
||Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park
|Rate of Pay:
$19.40(plus weekend and evening premiums)
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 22, 2019
As part of the maintenance team, you strive to maintain Alberta Parks’ high standards to ensure quality customer service and safety is provided at all times. Specific responsibilities include
- Routine and preventative maintenance on all infrastructure, including campgrounds, day use sites, trails, roads and buildings
- Basic vehicle fleet maintenance
- Equipment maintenance and upkeep
- Grounds maintenance, mowing and trimming
- Firewood unloading and distribution
- Garbage and recycling collection
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Familiarity with and practice of all pertinent occupational health & safety (OH&S) policies, procedures and protocols
- Some high school education
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail and a professional attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to carry out physically demanding tasks
- Ability to work in extreme heat conditions
- Experience using Microsoft Windows, email and the internet
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) 2015 Certificate
- Applicants must have a valid Class 5 (Class 4 an asset) Drivers license, either unrestricted or GDL, and a suitable driving history with no more than 8 demerits (4 demerits for a GDL). Your application must include a 5-year Commercial Driver’s Abstract issued within 30 days of your application submission
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License
- Defensive Driving Certificate (within three years)
- Off-highway vehicle experience
- Experience operating small equipment, hand tools and power tools
- Recognized current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Level "C" Certificate / AED
Terms of Employment
- These seasonal opportunities vary in length from 2 to 6 months. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. Holiday work may be required.
- Final candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and a driver’s abstract.
- Shift and weekend work will be required.
- This position requires working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Shared rental accommodation may be available.
- This posting may be used to fill future vacancies.
How to Apply
- Please email your application (resume, cover letter and any other documents
in one MS Word file or PDF) to
with the subject line "Maintenance Service Workers - Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park". Please ensure that
this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name
(Smith,Joe_Resume). Email applications are preferred.
Shelly Law, Maintenance & Caretaking Supervisor
Alberta Environment & Parks
Milk River, Alberta
For more information; please call at 403-647-2364 ext 351 or email Shelly.Law@gov.ab.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.