If you enjoy working in an outdoor setting and are committed to customer service, come join our maintenance team. Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park is seeking motivated, well-organized individuals with a strong attention to detail for caretaking positions.
||Caretakers (2 positions)- Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park
Caretaking Services 1
||Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park
|Rate of Pay:
$22.51- $23.85 / hour
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 27, 2020
- Daily cleaning of all park buildings, facilities and amenities within the park; including disinfecting, sweeping, mopping, dusting, polishing, washing and filling necessities
- Comfort Camping unit turn-over, inclusive of laundry, dishes and vacuuming and propane tank swaps
- Collection and disposal of garbage & recycling and maintenance of bins
- Regular inspections and upkeep of fleet vehicles
- Responsible for the cleaning, upkeep and inspection of work spaces
- Occupational Health & Safety awareness and compliance
- Support the broader park team to provide a high-level of visitor services
- Some high school education
- 6 months of related experience; equivalencies considered
- Experience using Microsoft Windows, Email and Internet
- WHIMIS 2015’ Certificate
- Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR-Level C Certificate
- Valid Class 5 license; unrestricted or GDL
- 5-year Driver’s Abstract issued within 30 days of your application submission; with no more than 8 demerits (4 demerits for a GDL)
- Defensive driving course required prior to commencement
- Off-highway vehicle and small equipment experience an asset
- Ability to carry out physically demanding tasks and in extreme heat conditions
- Strong work ethic and professional attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Equivalencies will be considered
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate.
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans.
We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for
this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: Breaks straightforward problems down into manageable components to identify what needs to be done
- Develop Networks: Sees the need and readily steps into co-workers tasks to help out when needed
- Drive for Results: To hold self and others responsible for achieving results and agreed upon targets while maximizing resources
Terms of Employment
- Term of Employment: From April 1, ending on or before October 13, depending on budget availability and operational needs
- Shift and weekend work will be required.
- Shared rental accommodation may be available.
How to Apply
- Please email a resume, cover letter and driver’s abstract to:
- Shelly Law, Maintenance & Caretaking Supervisor, Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park
- (email below)
- Resumes received will be used to fill future vacancies. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
- For more info:
Shelly Law, Maintenance & Caretaking Supervisor
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.