Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park is seeking energetic and organized individuals with great people skills to fill prospective seasonal Information Officer positions. Information Officers fulfill various job functions essential to the delivery of great customer service at the park.
||Information Officers (4 positions) - Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park
Administrative Support 2
||Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park
|Rate of Pay:
$19.31 - $23.33
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 27, 2020
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a busy Visitor Centre and Camp Store
- Welcoming visitors and providing information about Writing-on-Stone/Áísínai'pi as well as travel counselling regarding local, regional and provincial attractions
- Operating a till, handling cash, processing debit/credit card transactions
- Promoting and selling interpretive program tickets and merchandise to visitors
- Light cleaning and maintenance of displays and shops
- Special event planning, preparation and delivery
- Some food service responsibilities
- Reservation and registration duties utilizing the Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca system
- Supporting the broader park team to provide a high-level of customer service to guests
- High School Diploma is required; related post-secondary is considered an asset
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Experience in a busy customer service environment; tourism experience an asset
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- WHIMIS 2015 Certificate
- Valid Class 5 drivers license (Class 4 an asset); unrestricted or GDL.
- 5-year Driver’s Abstract issued within 30 days of your application submission; with no more than 8 demerits (4 demerits for a GDL)
- A defensive driving course required prior to commencement
- Knowledge of park facilities & services; natural & cultural history knowledge an asset
- Food Safety certification is an asset
- Indigenous or local community background, history and/or knowledge a strong asset
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate.
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans.
We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for
this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility: to understand the need and be open to new ideas while accepting change as part of how work processes need to evolve in order to be effective
- Build Collaborative Environments: to lead and contribute to the conditions and environment that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: to asses options and implications in new ways in order to achieve outcomes and solutions
Terms of Employment
- Term of Employment: From May 1st ending on or before September 15, depending on budget availability and operational needs.
- Shared rental accommodation may be available.
How to Apply
- Please email a resume, cover letter and driver’s abstract to:
- Suzanne Lodermeier, Visitor Centre Coordinator Writing-On-Stone
- Provincial Park
- (email below)
- Resumes received will be used to fill future vacancies. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
- For more info:
- Suzanne.Lodermeier@ gov.ab.ca
Visitor Centre Coordinator
Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.