Do you love working outdoors? Interested in a great summer experience while enhancing natural landscapes? Alberta Parks is hiring up to 6 Trail Crew Member positions, who will be responsible for backcountry and frontcountry trail improvements in Castle Provincial Park - Southwest Alberta.
||Trail Crew Member - Castle Provincial Park
Maintenance Service Worker 2
||Castle Provincial Park,
|Rate of Pay:
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 28, 2019
- Operate chainsaws and other power equipment to remove deadfall and clear trails
- Use proper techniques to prune and maintain trees
- Perform maintenance to trail tread using handtools
- Safe use of various types of hand tools
- Safe operation of/working around industrial equipment – brush chippers, skid steer, etc
- Basic daily maintenance on tools and equipment
- Operate post pounder, install signage
- Operate an ATV, truck and trailer
- Other responsibilities based on requirements
- 1 year related experience
- Experience working outdoors in remote areas and with a variety of equipment
- Experience operating an ATV/UTV, truck, trailers
- High school diploma
- Knowledge of the Alberta Parks System
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience related to the position
- Experience taking initiative and with creative problem solving
- Ability to plan and organize
- Effective interpersonal relations and ability to communicate effectively
- Physical ability to work outdoors in adverse conditions with required equipment
- Motivation, judgement an dependability
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License
- Current CPR Level "C" Certificate / AED
- Defensive Driving Certificate (within three years)
- Drivers Abstract
- Chainsaw experience
- Experience in carpentry, bridge construction
- Experience with landscaping or trail construction
- Preference may be given to candidates with an active outdoor lifestyle, career interest, and/or work or outdoor volunteer experience related to the environmental or ecological sciences, or Forestry
Terms of Employment
- This term for this position is May to October, pending operational requirements.
- The position is based out of Pincher Creek with some travel required within Alberta Parks South Region.
- Shift and weekend work may be required.
- Backcountry/remote access work may be required for multiple overnight periods
- This position may be subject to pre-employment medical screening and successful completion of physical fitness testing
- Upon commencement, a compulsory training session will be provided prior to beginning field work.
- This position requires working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Those selected for an interview must bring three work related references to the interview.
- Shared rental accommodation may be available.
How to Apply
- Submit a cover letter and resume as ONE file in MS Word or PDF format
- Ensure your name is in the file name
- State: "Trail Crew Member" and first name_last name (eg Joe_Smith) in the email subject line
- Please email your application (resume, cover letter and any other documents
in one MS Word file or PDF) to
with the subject line "Trail Crew Member - Castle Provincial Park". Please ensure that
this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name
(Smith,Joe_Resume). Email applications are preferred.
Resource Management Technician - Castle Provincial Park
Castle Provincial Park, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.