Bear Warning -
Spray Lakes West Campground & Old Goat Glacier Trail
August 18, 2019
- Effective Date: August 18, 2019 until further notice
- Where: Spray West campground and the Old Goat Glacier undesignated random trail
- Why: Multiple black bears feeding in the area including a sow with two young of the year cubs.
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in the Kananaskis Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray.
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.
Please report all bear sightings immediately to 403-591-7755.