Bear Warning -
Castle River Bridge (1)
August 6, 2019
- Effective: August 6, 2019, until further notice
- Where: Castle River Bridge Campground and Day Use Area
- Why: The chances of a bear encounter are higher than normal throughout the campground and day use areas. A Black Bear sow and cubs have been frequenting public areas within the park. A sow may be protective of her cubs
- Keep campsites clean
- Store all food and other scented products (eg. toothpaste, gasoline) in vehicles when not at the campsite.
- Do not leave pet food out when campsite is unoccupied.
- Supervise young children at all times.
- Keep pets on leash or leave them at home. Loose dogs can attract and irritate bears.
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in the South Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray.
- Learn more about bear safety review the Bear Smart Brochure.