Terms and Conditions for #YesABParks
By submitting your image, video, audio, graphics, text, code or other materials (Content) and responding #YesABParks to Alberta Parks’ social media via Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, you agree to be the following terms and conditions:
- Participant Agreement: You grant to His Majesty in Right of Alberta, as represented by the Minister of Forestry and Parks (Alberta Parks), including its employees, agents and other third parties Alberta Parks may authorize, your permission to use your Content, as outlined in these terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions of this Agreement carefully.
- Allowable Participants: You acknowledge you are 18 years of age or older and have the legal right to enter into this Agreement and grant the rights to use your Content to Alberta Parks.
- Ownership of Content: You own your Content and agree that the use of your Content by Alberta Parks does not violate any copyright or the infringe any other intellectual property rights of any other person.
- Model Releases: You agree that you have received consent from all individuals who appear in your Content, including from the parents or guardians of any children under 18 years of age, for the use of any Content by Alberta Parks.
- Voluntary Assignment of Rights: You acknowledge that you are voluntarily providing Alberta Parks with the rights to use your Content and understand you will not receive any compensation or payment from Alberta Parks for these rights.
- Rights to Use Content: You agree that your permission to allow Alberta Parks to use your Content represents a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable, royalty-free license to your Content for any non-commercial purpose, and you waive all moral rights to your Content necessary to allow Alberta Parks the use of the Content as set out in this Agreement. Except for Alberta Parks’ rights to use your Content as set out in this Agreement, you continue to own all rights to your Content.
- Credit for Content: Alberta Parks will use reasonable efforts to include credit to you when using your Content, however you agree that a failure to include credit by Alberta Parks is not a breach of this Agreement.
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act: Collection of your Content containing any personal information is authorized under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Section 33(c), and is required for the purpose of operating the #YesABParks program. Such Content may be used for non-commercial purposes, including advertising, marketing, promotion, education, publicity, public relations and editorial purposes, and is subject to the disclosure rules set forth in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. For questions about the collection of personal information, contact the Parks Public Information Strategist at email@example.com or 9820 106 St, Edmonton, AB T5K 2J6.
- Governing Law: This Agreement is governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Alberta and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein and you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Alberta. This Agreement enures to the benefit of, and is binding upon, the successors, heirs, legal representatives and assigns of each of Alberta Parks and you, as applicable.